- Sheriff’s Office
The Uniform Patrol Division (UPD):
|* Strategically and proactively patrols Morgan County's 350 square miles 24/7.|
* Responds to all call for service.
* Executes all court orders.
* Transports inmates in State and out of state.
* Handles special details.
A uniform deputy is assigned to each of the three patrol zones to prevent crime and to reduce response time for calls for service. Backup units come from the closest zone to the call for assistance.
The Criminal Investigation Division (CID):
* Conducts thorough investigations into criminal activity ranging from petty thefts to homicide.
* Initiates narcotics and drug investigations throughout the county.
* Maintains an in-house full service crime scene specialist.
* Routinely assists the other three Divisions.
The Adult Detention Center Division personnel provide 24/7 security for both pre-trial detainees as well as sentenced individuals to less than 365 days.
The Administration Division of the Sheriff's Office is responsible for processing all Warrants issued by the three courts, all Civil Papers, Accounts payable and receivable, the Sex Offender registry and Citizen Fingerprinting.
The Court Services Division maintains security of the Morgan County Court House. Assigned personnel support the Superior Court, the Magistrate Court and the Probate Court while they are in session.