Welcome to the Morgan County Aquatic Center
Aquatics Contact # (706) 342-1495 If you receive automated voicemail, staff is supervising pool deck. Please leave a message and we will respond as soon as possible.
FOR ADDITIONAL HOURS, MAINTENANCE & HOLIDAY CLOSINGS, AGE REQUIRMENTS AND RULES, NAVIGATE TO CORRESPONDING TAB BELOW.
Current COVID19 Guidelines
Chairs located on deck at 3.5ft apart; do not move them.
NO SHARING EQUIPMENT.
COVID19 Best Practices:
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU ARE WITH HAS SYMPTOMS OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WITH COVID-19. (fever, cough, shortness of breath or if you traveled internationally)
Maintain social distancing of 3.5 ft apart.
Masks are not permitted to be worn while physically in the pool for safety purposes.
Hand sanitizer stations located throughout the building for your convenience.
Aquatic Facility Info:
We house an indoor 8 lane 25 yard competition and therapy pool, ranging in depth from 4 1/2 Feet to 7 Feet and maintain the temperature of 84-85 degrees year round under normal circumstances. We are routinely inspected by the Georgia Department of Health to ensure proper chemical balance. Inspection scores are posted in the Aquatic Center Lobby. Our top priority is the safety of our patrons. Please keep this in mind if the pool is closed for maintenance in the event of unbalanced water.
Our programming schedule includes 2 years old through 14 years old swim lessons, a range of water aerobic and therapy classes, beginner, intermediate and advanced swim teams, and even time for open swimming. Throughout our business day, we always leave lanes open for lap swimming, so no matter what your schedule is, we can find a space for you in our pool.
You’re only one swim away from a good mood...
- Daily Fees & Rental Fees
- Swim Lessons
- Marlins Swim Team
- Water Aerobics
- Red Cross Lifeguard Training
Normal Operating Hours - see daily activity hours below
Updated August Hours - (all hours subject to change)
- Monday -Thursday 8AM-8PM
- Friday 8AM-5PM
- Saturday 10AM-5PM
- Sunday Closed-afternoon and evening pool rental for parties available
Daily Activities Schedule
Open Swim - (best described as when kids come in to play) !ONLY! MON-FRI 12PM - 3:45PM, SAT 10AM-4:45PM- !NO EXCEPTIONS! AGES 15 & UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT 18 OR OLDER IN ORDER TO SWIM. NO MORE THAN SIX 15 & UNDER PER ONE ADULT.
Lap Swimming - MON/WED 8AM-8PM, TUE/TH 8AM-8PM, FRI 6AM-5PM, SAT 10AM-5PM
(lane availability limited 4PM-8PM due to classes, lessons, and practices)
Swim Lessons - MON/TUE-4PM-7:30PM
Water Aerobics - MON/WED/FRI-8AM-10:30AM & 6:30PM-7:30PM, TUE/TH-9AM-10AM, 6:30PM-7:30PM MON/WED-6:30-7:30
Benchmark Scheduled Therapy - TUE/TH-10:30AM-12PM
Swim Team Practice - Marlins - MON/TUE/TH-4PM-7PM
Daily Open Swim
- FEES FOR OPEN SWIM are $3 per person for County residents and $4 per person for non-County residents. Fees include non-swimmers. Water Aerobics, Swim Lessons, Swim Team and other Aquatic Programs have other fees assessed.
- PASSES are available for purchase, allowing customers to purchase more than one visit at a time. These passes are available in denominations of 10, 25 and 50 visits:
10 visits: $25, $35 Non-County Residents
25 visits: $56.25, $81.25 Non-County Residents
50 visits: $100, $150 Non-County Resident
Aquatic Facility Rental
The Aquatic Center is available for rentals. During the agreed rental time the Aquatic Center is closed to the public, and the renter has access to the meeting room, pool and changing facilities.
- Rental time slots:
Sunday, 2:30PM-5PM & 5:30PM-8PM
(A $50 deposit is required to hold a date, and the balance is due 10 days prior to the party)
50 swimmers or less: $150 (Non-Morgan County residents: $180)
51-110 swimmers: $200 (Non-Morgan County residents: $240)
*If you sign up for a 50 swimmer or less bather load and 51 arrive dressed to swim, the rental will be canceled and everyone sent home due to breach of contract. The same is true for the 51-110 swimmer bather load if more than 110 arrive dressed to swim. No refund will be issued.
- To book and inquire about available dates, call 706-342-0588
Swim Lesson Program
The Aquatic Center offers swim lessons starting with pre-school aged children and continuing, through ability levels, through Adults. A preschool class is offered, designed for swimmers age 2-3 and 4-5 years. 6-year-olds and up will move through Levels based on their skills.
- Fee: $55, Out of County $85
- Private Swim Lessons are available. Fees vary per student. For more info: 706-342-0588
IMPORTANT PARENT INFORMATION: Children are required to confidently accomplish class skills in order to benefit from lessons. It is important the information you provide accurately defines your child’s ability level. If not, exasperation plays a huge role in their swimming class time. The Aquatic Center Coordinator and Swim Instructor will encourage alternate level options as necessary for the benefit of each child. It is mandatory children remain on the pool deck until their designated class time. NO FREE SWIMMING IS PERMITTED PRIOR TO CLASS OR WHILE SIBLINGS ARE PARTICIPATING. Younger children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper at all times. Please encourage older children to use the restroom prior to class as well as the dangers of fecal matter in the pool. Please encourage your children to follow the pool rules, listen to their instructor, follow directions and be kind to one another. Together, we have the ability to teach water safety and prevent drowning through our swim program. Thank you for entrusting us with your families.
Morning swim lessons meet 4X/week for 2 weeks.
Evening swim lessons meet 2X/week for 4 weeks.
Swim lesson sessions have 8 lessons unless otherwise noted upon registration. In the event school breaks and holidays interfere, lessons are prorated accordingly.
2021 - Registration Link
Jellyfish: Preschool Aquatics (2-5 years)
Orients children to the aquatic environment and helps them gain basic aquatic skills:
- Enter and exit water using ladder, steps or side
- Blow bubbles through mouth and nose
- Submerge mouth nose and eyes
- Open eyes under water and retrieve submerged objects
- Front and back glide and recover to a vertical position
- Back float and recover to a vertical position
- Roll from back to front and front to back
- Tread with arms and hand actions
- Combined arms and legs actions on front and back
Star Fish: Preschool Aquatics (2-5 years)
Helps children gain greater independence in their skills and develop more comfort in and around water:
- Enter water by stepping in
- Exit water using ladder, steps or side
- Finning action on back
- Fully submerge and hold breath
- Front, jellyfish and tuck floats
- Recover from a front or back float or glide to a vertical position
- Change direction of travel while swimming on front
- All goals from Jellyfish level
Sea Turtle: Introduction to Water Skills (6 & older)
Helps participants feel comfortable in the water. No pre-requisites, swimmers will learn to:
- Enter and exit the water using ladder, steps or side
- Blow bubbles through mouth and nose
- Open eyes underwater and retrieve submerged objects
- Front and back float and glides
- Recover to vertical position
- Roll from back to front and front to back
- Tread water using arms and hands actions
- Alternating and simultaneous arm actions on front and back
- Alternating and simultaneous leg actions on front and back
- Combined arm and leg actions on front and back
Moray Eel: Fundamental Aquatic Skills (6 & Older)
Gives participants success with fundamental skills. Swimmers must be able to demonstrate all Sea Turtle goals and will learn to:
- Enter and exit water by stepping or jumping from the side
- Fully submerge and hold breath
- Front and tuck floats
- Change direction of travel while swimming on front or back
- Tread water using arm and leg actions
- Finning arm action
- Headfirst entries from side in sitting and kneeling positions
- Bobbing while moving to safety
- Survival float
- Back float
- Change from vertical to horizontal position on front and back
- Front crawl and elementary backstroke
Seal: Stroke Development (4 & Older)
Develops confidence in the skills learned and improves other aquatic skills. Swimmers must be able to demonstrate all Moray Eel goals and will learn to:
- Headfirst entries from the side in compact and stride positions
- Swim under water
- Feet first surface dive
- Survival swimming
- Front crawl and backstroke open turns
- Tread water using 2 different kicks
- Front and back crawl, elementary backstroke, sidestroke and breaststroke
- Flutter and dolphin kicks on back
Morgan County Marlins
Both competitive and developpmental non-competitive swim teams are offered for boys and girls age 6 and over (age control is as of day of registration). Registration must be done at the MCPRS gym and Parent Information & Orientation class is required.
Developmental non-competitive swimmers practice every Tuesday and Thursday, 4:00PM-5:00PM. Swimmers learn the fundamentals of swimming while building friendships and having fun. Developmental Non-competitive swimmers are ineligible to swim in the USA SCY monthly meets. Swimmers who are County residents are eligible participate in our GRPA Summer Swim program meets.
Swimmers wishing to participate must first take the Stroke Development/Refinement course. All swimmers will be placed into ability groups based on grade, ability level and level of desired commitment.
Competitive swimmers are registered with USA Swimming and will have the option to compete in one swim meet per month. Meets are held at surrounding Georgia facilities. Practice times are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 5:30PM-7:00PM OR Tuesday and Thursday, 4:00-5:30 PM.
Developmental Non-competitive: $45 monthly due the first of each month
Competitive/USA Swimming: $65.00 monthly due the first of each month and USAS Annual Fee $80 (Annual denotes September through July and must be paid with the swimmer’s first month payment)
This training is required for all new and existing members, including coaches, officials, chaperones, meet directors, and adult athletes. If you have registered with USA Swimming for the first time, you need to take the "Athlete Protection Training: SafeSport TM Trained core course"
TO DEAL WITH A SAFE SPORT CONCERN, contact USA Swimming at (719) 866-4578
Contact the U.S. Center for Safe Sport to make a report. Call (720) 524-5640 or use the
ADULT LOW IMPACT MORNING CLASSES
- WHEN: TUE & TH, 9AM-10AM FEE: $5 PER CLASS $6 NON-RESIDENT
ADULT LOW IMPACT EVENING CLASSES
- WHEN: MON & WED, 6:30PM-7:30PM FEE: $5 PER CLASS $6 NON-RESIDENT
SENIOR CENTER CLASSES
Requirement: ALL participants must register at the Senior Center. A physician referral is mandatory prior to entering the class. For more information call the Senior Center 706-342-1614
- WHEN: MON/WED/FRI, 8:30AM-9:30AM or 9:30AM-10:30AM FEE: $0
Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Training
Certification Fee: $200.00
Re-certification Fee: $175.00
NO MORE THAN 6 PARTICIPANTS PER SESSION-SESSIONS FILL UP QUICKLY-FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
Saturday-9AM-6PM (lunch/dinner breaks)
Sunday-9AM-4PM (lunch break)
ATTENDANCE OF ALL CLASS DATES IS REQUIRED/STUDENTS BRING SNACKS/BREAK MEALS
DUE TO COVID19 RESTRICTIONS, PARTICIPANTS MUST PROVIDE PERSONAL PROTECTIVE CPR MASK.
Participants 15 and older must pass the Lifeguard swim test, skills assessments given during the class, and all written tests at the end of the class; certifications will include Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and AED. There are no refunds for failure of skills assessment or written tests. The swim test will be given the first day, failure results in expulsion from the class and a partial refund of $100. The swim consists three parts:
- A 300 yard swim (6 laps); Breaststroke or Freestyle must be used. Swimmers may choose one or the other stroke, or use a combination of the two. There is no time limit for this portion.
- Swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10lbs object from a minimum depth of 7 feet, swim 20 yards back to starting point with the object overhead, and exit water without using a ladder or steps. This must be completed in 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only.
Participants must be 15 years of age on or before the final scheduled session of this course. To register please go by the Recreation Department office, registration deadline is 10 days prior to the first day of class.
Employment at the Morgan County Aquatic Center is NOT guaranteed upon lifeguard certification.